1.25.2008

You Wanna Know Why I Hate The Patriots?...

It has nothing to do with being a Colts fan. It has everything to do with being a football fan.

First and foremost, they cheated. They were caught this year using a camera to record signals so they could call into Brady what plays they were using. So this isn't just on Belichick. Everyone knew what was going on. They are cheaters, plain and simple.

I don't need any other reasons, but here is another great one.

They whine about EVERYTHING. All we heard this year was that they didn't get any respect. This is coming from a team that graced the SI cover 3 times during the 17 week season. This is coming from a team that Bill Simmons has so far up his butt, I think they are all a little brown by now. And this comes from a team that six years ago said this:

FOXBORO -- Several of the Patriots were not happy with Pittsburgh clawing and scratching to get into the end zone in the game's final minute.

Tedy Bruschi was restrained on the field after one goal-line play, and didn't hold back his disdain for the Steelers after the game.

Bruschi, who has seen players hurt late in games when the outcome already has been decided, said he "lost respect" for Pittsburgh because it chose to play hard until the final gun and not accept a 30-7 defeat. Bruschi said he worried about injuries because some players might not be running at full speed.

"I did have some respect for that team, but after what they pulled on that last drive, it's totally lost now," Bruschi said. "You're getting beat . . . just accept it with class. I know we would have if the tables were turned. But they're out there calling timeouts, trying to get extra yards, padding their stats. I don't know. Let's just end the game and get out of there healthy. They're putting both teams at risk."


That's right, don't you dare play your starters the WHOLE game. Unless of course you are already up by 38 points and Brady needs 16 games to do what Peyton did in 15. Then it's different.

Why?

Because they are the New England Patriots that's why. Who are you to question that?

6 comments:

matt said...

Jake, the Colts have very wonderful uniforms, and Marvin Harrison has a very nice mustache.

matt said...

You're forgetting that this was an "eff-you" statement they were making to the league. Not to justify it, but let's just say they felt they were caught doing something the whole class was doing, and since the class let them take the blame for something they all did, well the Pats took it to the class by giving them all wedgies all the playground.

Another note: to say this has nothing to do with you being a Colts fan is ridiculous. Whenever a rivlry is at the level the Colts/Pats is, then all objectivity is out the window. If it weren't about you being a Colts fan it wouldn't make it to your blog.

Thirdly, Bill Simmons has the Pats no further up his butt than you have the Colts. Your omission of this only proves my point. The difference is that he gets paid to write about them, and just like myself and the Rebels, you just have a blog your family reads. We assume that becuase he writes for ESPN that any perceived lack of objectivity is wrong. Well, unless that writer has always done this, and done so with an unwavering consistency that never changed once ESPN signed him. We all wish we were Bill Simmons.

D) have you ever brought up a football injustice that didn't involve the Colts or Pats on this blog? Seriously, since this is about you simply being a "football fan" where have all your posts that talk about football stories other than one's that involve the Colts or Pats?

5) It's okay that you think these things, just tell them from the subjective view of a guy that bleeds blue and white.

In closing, none of my statements were meant to take away the truth of what you said. In fact I agree with all of it. Well except those first two sentences.

Toodles.

matt said...

But seriously, it is a NICE mustache.

The Anonymous Human said...

making it an FU statement doesn't change the fact that they are saying it's okay for them to do it when they want, but not for others.

also, I'm not asking for Bill Simmons to be subjective. Not being subjective is what makes him cash. I'm asking for the Patriots to stop whining about not getting respect. If SI respects them enough to give them a sixth of the cover stories during the season and the major blog writer at ESPN is a pats fan, I think that's safe to say they are respected.

But I assure you, I hate the patriots because they are huge duchebags, not because I'm a colts fan. There are several others in my situation who hate them equally without loving the colts, or even liking them for that matter. I also disagree that EVERYONE is doing it (the cheating). Prove it. Till then, I disagree. The fact that the year before the Jets gave defensive signals under a towel against the Pats and ONLY the pats says not everyone is doing it.

#) This is my blog. I don't make any qualms about saying I love the colts. I love the colts. But I hate the pats because I like good football. Not synthetic football enhanced by illegal substances/operations (harrison/belichick). Example, look at my buddy bill's blog. Lifetime bear fan. Recent Patriot hater.

And last but not least...

It IS a nice 'stache

ryan said...

I am not a crazy Colts fan and I passionately hate the Patriots also. In fact I have written about it a few times.

Jake in your reasons to hate the Patriots, you left out that Tom Brady has also morphed into 90's Reggie Miller; every time Brady gets even touched he is over whining like a little girl to the Refs. The last playoff games with the Patriots I have just had to turn off because I could not take anymore of Brady's "do you know who I am?" antics towards the refs.

matt said...

Ryan,

Would you prefer that he sulk on the sidelines with his hands in his shoulder pads like a kid that just got his candy bar stolen (no, I'm not talking about Cutler, no, I would never ensue that)? At least Brady has enough respect for himself to argue.

Jake, compared to crazy cult-like Broncos fans, Colts fans are as neutral as the Swiss.

Good times.