11.07.2007

The Wisdom of an Eight Year College Grad...

I was having a bad week. Last wednesday morning (my day off) I woke to my wife frantically telling me that her car wouldn't start. So I go down, give it a jump and she's off. Figured she probably just left a light on or something.

Then, the next morning, it won't start again. Now I know something is up, so when I get home from work that day, I spend three hours trying to find the darn battery (which ended up being underneath the spare tire. Crummy Germans...). I finally find the thing and after pulling it out I head to my local Autozone. Except when I went to get into my car, I dropped my brand new Iphone and smashed the screen to peices. Frustrated beyond comprehension, I spend an hour waiting at Autozone while they charge then test my battery. After an hour (which makes this now about four hours of dealing with something that shouldn't have taken one) I find out my battery is fine.

Well, now I'm really feeling crappy cause I don't know how to change the altinator in my BMW (it took me three hours to find the battery, remember?) and the only people that can do it and keep the warrenty intact is the dealership. And they charge an arm and a leg.

Meanwhile I call Apple to find out what my options are for my phone. They say they can fix it. For $250. And then the lady on the phone adds this, "You might as well just buy a new phone." REALLY? That's your excellent customer service Apple? I realize it's not your fault I dropped my phone, but $250 and the advice to just buy a new one? Come on! It's at most a $20 repair. It'll take some chinaman fifteen minutes and 5 bucks in parts to fix. Don't give me this $250 crap.

So like I said, I was having a bad week. Then my best friend from home calls me up and asks me how I'm doing. I let him have it with all the drama. He says, "Listen to you!"

(and in a mocking voice adds) "My iphone broke, my beamer is busted...wah wah wah!"

God, you have given me a good life. Sometimes I forget just how fortunate I am to work a good job, make good money, have a wonderful wife with a house and two dogs. There are so many people out there who struggle just to find the next meal. Please forgive me when I put other, less important, things in front of seeking you and your will. Please forgive me when I fail to give to others after you have given me so much.

Thanks Brent for reminding me how fortunate I am.

And thanks for nothing Apple. I mean Crapple.

2 comments:

bill said...

ha ha. well said brent.

and...you are pathetic, keck.

you know what they say, "mo' money, mo' problems." your flat screen tv is still cool though, right?

Chris and Rachel said...

I think for being a whiney little bitch you lose half the title of CHRISJAKE. You can, however, regain your CHRISJAKE(ness) by donating no less than $10,000 to my FJ Cruiser fund. Tax deductible of course, what do you take me a for? Tony Soprano?

I miss you, see you soon. Email me.
rachelandchris@gmail.com