11.20.2007

301 Anybody?

When I was setting up my office in Colorado, I found an old dartboard case lying around backstage. You know the kind that usually has a beer slogan on the front of it's two doors and then opens up to chalkboards on either door and a place to store the darts. Well, this was a just a little generic wooden dartboard case (is that even the proper term?). Bill and I played many a mean series on that board. We even made up games with names such as: "Blackjack" (where the goal was to get to 21), "Round the World" (Hitting 1-20 then the bullseyes in order), and my personal favorite, "Vegas" (where we put the dartboard on one end of the room and threw the darts from the other end to see who could get the closest to the center. Why 'Vegas' you ask? Cause it was a long shot...get it?). We played so much we didn't play to the best of five. We didn't play to the best of seven. We didn't even play to the best of 15. We played to the best of 99. First one to win fifty games was the winner. And I'll save Bill the trouble of gloating. He won our series three sets to none. (That's three best of 99 game sets).

I found the clip below on youtube. It really isn't all that incredible. But it made me remember the good times in my office throwing darts and dreaming of the kingdom.

2 comments:

bill said...

vegas!!! i forgot about that. that was awesome. we only put a couple holes in the wall.

oh...those were the good ole days. i miss that crap, man.

by the way, i'm not sure what country that video is from. but i am a fan of any country in which all the towns people gather together to watch an elephant throw darts. which...i might add...that friggin elephant was enfuego!

oh...good stuff. hey, did you mention that i won all three best-of-99 games? i can't remember.

The Anonymous Human said...

I said I would save you the trouble. But somehow I knew you would still gloat.

Bastard.

But, since you gloated, I will mention the time you were beating me 49 to 15 in our series and I came back and only lost by 2 or 3. You've got holes in your game wolf.