6.14.2007

Measure In Love

125884800 seconds.

2098080 minutes.

34968 hours.

1457 days.

208 weeks.

4 years.

Four years ago today I stood at an altar in front of my father and watched as the most beautiful girl walked down towards me.

The girl with the green eyes.

There is a song in the musical "RENT" (and, subsequently, in the movie), that talks about how to measure time spent together:

five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes, five hundred twenty five thousand moments so dear, five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes, how do you measure? measure a year

in daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee, in inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife

in five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes, how do you measure a year in a life?

how about love? how about love? how about love?
measure in love...
seasons of love...
seasons of love...


125,884,800 seconds.

And not a single one I'd take back.

I love you Candice.

2 comments:

matt said...

I thought about writing a anniversary note to my wife on my blog two weeks ago, but I then realized in order for that to be effective she would actually have to read my blogs.

Congrats guys.

Betsy said...

awwww. i can't wait to see you guys. it's funny that you put this song on here because every time i see or hear something from RENT i think of you two playing it in the car one time. happy anniversary!