6.18.2007

Ideas?...

Over on Greg's site he asked for suggestions to help him write a new album. I'm in need of some suggestions but of a different kind.

At the end of this month I'm going back to good ol' Rocky Top to visit my family and go to my first Walker Family Reunion in about ten years. Last week my Dad called me and asked if I wanted to preach for him that sunday. I don't get a chance to preach very often so I jumped at the chance. This weekend I sat down to work on my sermon and I realized, I have no idea what to preach on! So, I thought it would be fun to open it up to suggestions.

What do you think I should preach on?

6 comments:

bill said...

um...i can't remember what part of the bible its found in, but there is this great story about a man that lifted and lowered a draw bridge for his job, and one day he brought his son to work. when he wasn't paying attention, his son went down and began playing in the gears. a train started coming and the man needed to lower the bridge so the passengers wouldn't die. he realized that his son was stuck in the gears and if he lowered the bridge, his son would die. he had to make a decision. and he chose to lower the bridge, and sacrifice his son's life for all the people on the train. as the train went by, the people were laughing and dancing and drinking and having a good ole time...and seeing this, the man began to yell, "don't you know what i did for you! i gave my son, so that you could live! don't you care!"

again, i don't know where that is in the bible...it might be in 1st or 2nd john. i know its late in the book because they have trains.

anyhoo, its powerful. you might want to stand up on a chair and really yell that last part, too. i saw this guy do it one time and it was gooooooood.

and make sure you don't forget the hair gel.

The Anonymous Human said...

You make me cry Bill.

You make me cry.

Betsy said...

agreed.

matt said...

Can those of us not privy to this inside information please be let in on the joke.

The Anonymous Human said...

Well, basically if you read Bill's comment above and insert me into the main title role, that's what went down the first time I preached for my freshman class at Johnson. And, if I'm not mistaken, someone led worship for that chapel doing a little marc imboden...but let's not bring that up now, shall we?

matt said...

two links that are pertanent to this thread:

Exhibit A:
devin's post

Exhibit B:http://mostthemovie.com/


Seriously, what are the odds?