4.27.2007

Censorship And A Sock Drawer...

I did something today that I promised myself I would never do.

When I began this blog I teetered with keeping my identity a secret. That's why I'm the anonymous human. I've read reallivepreacher.com for a couple of years now and I really liked the idea of being able to say whatever I wanted without any kind of remorse. Without the thought of offending anyone or worrying about what anyone might think.

I wasn't wanting to write a blog where I could cuss, but a blog where if I cussed, no one would think my salvation was in jeopardy. But ultimately, I realized that if I didn't tell anyone I existed, no one would ever know. And I'm narcissistic enough to want people to comment and tell me how good I am, that I just couldn't keep it a secret.

So then I had to wrestle with saying how I really felt sometimes with what some people I know read this would think if I did. I have really enjoyed the freedom that comes with not being on the pedestal of full time ministry. I enjoy being able to have conversations with people at the poker table and not have to lie to avoid having an awkward conversation with the guy next to me who just told me what he did with his hooker last night. I enjoy just being a christian who ministers to his world. Having beer in the fridge and not worry what image it says.

Yesterday I posted a video about some really stupid people. It was a guy who thought it would be a great idea to dive through a slip and slide drenched in alcohol. Oh yeah, and the alcohol was feeding the bon fire taking place on top of the slip and slide. Well, long story short, he burnt half his body to a crisp and hopefull made himself sterile. After some conversations, I pulled the video....okay, Dad made me take it off, but I don't blame him. The language on there was bad and it showed full frontal male nudity. And lets be honest...who wants to see that?

But the reason I pulled it is because of my brothers. I have three little guys that look up to me and don't always know what's right and wrong. I really wouldn't want to be held responsible when the deck goes up in flames on my parents house and Nic is below it with his slip and slide and a can of gasoline. So, even I have bad judgment calls.

For now, I'll just hide this one in my sock drawer...

2 comments:

bill said...

i don't know, man. i hear the sock drawer isn't a good place to hide things any more. apparently the secret got out. just a heads up.

The Anonymous Human said...

Thanks man. I guess I'll have to go with the creaky old board in my closet that pops up when you push on one end.