2.25.2008

Totally Useless Skills...

I'm not sure why, but I was thinking today of all the things I can do that serve me absolutely no purpose whatsoever. Let me show you what I mean:

1) Type Fast. Seriously, I have typed this whole blog so far in about 22 seconds. Okay, maybe not that fast, but I do feel like I can type secretary fast. But I'm not a secretary. If it wasn't for this blog, I would have no reason to type anything ever. And even then, I have so much time at work, it could take me a minute to type a word and I'd still have enough time to finish a decent blog in a day. Which is all the more reason that it's sad I don't blog more...

2) Math. I was a genius in High School. Okay, maybe not Einstein level, but still pretty far. I was about two grades ahead of where I should've been. For whatever reason, math concepts always came easily. I remember asking my teachers when we were ever going to use this in the real world. And you know what? I haven't. EVER. Thanks Mrs. Deason. Now English on the other hand...

3) Roller Skating. Like old school, 4 wheels with a stopper on the front. We used to have races at the local skating rink and I'd win a lot. I never was that fast of a runner (something about the whole getting hit by a car when I was 12) but I could skate really fast.

4) Driving fast. Nuff said.

I'm not sure why I can do those things. They really have served me absolutely no purpose whatsoever in my life. I wonder which of these traits I'll pass along to my kids.

Oh, yeah, I'm going to be a dad.

8 comments:

Chris and Rachel said...

Sooooo....you're going to be a dad like someday or relatively soon?

The Anonymous Human said...

like 7 months.

cara. said...

i kind of agree with my useless skills. i'm good at things that will not get me a job--except maybe the typing fast.

bill said...

i'm good at math too. basic math. i can add and subtract large numbers in my head relatively quickly. but that isn't useless. it comes in very handy when i'm playing darts.

...wait.

Anonymous said...

Congrads and being a Dad.

Anonymous said...

I kinda threw up in my mouth when I read #2. Why did that gene pass right on by me? I would've suffered through Deason's class if only that meant I didn't have the same talent you speak of in #4.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am still reeling from my own Deason memories (more like nightmares) but HELLO? YOU ARE GOING TO BE A DAD!

Congratulations. Don't make jokes when she is in labor. It isn't funny and it will piss her off.

Mrs. Jake said...

Umm...YOU used to win the skating races? If you mean win as in finishing right behind your sister sort of winning, then yeah, you were a fast skater.

I agree, don't make jokes during labor and don't watch while they give Candice the epidural, you'll faint.