12.02.2007

Sorry Betsy.

Look, I know I'm not a powerful voice in the sports blogging community. But after last night, it is a downright SIN not to have a college football tourney to decide the National Champion. Ohio Freakin State is going to play in the Bull Crap Series championship. Everyone knows the Big Ten is a Big Joke when it comes to football, and I'm an Indiana man.

Georgia finished the season ranked in the top four and yet didn't even play for their conference championship. Hawaii never lost and insn't even a contender for the most important BCS game. Kansas's only loss was to a team whose only two losses were to a team who lost to Colorado.

A common addage at the sports books in reference to point spreads is "That's why you play the game." Pitt and West Va proved it again last night, yet that's the problem, the game to determine a true National Champ will never be played. In a year when, most likely, a team with two losses will probably play for the sears trophy, how can you not take a step back and at least take a step towards a playoff. After the money I've lost thanks to the Cardinal , I deserve it!

1 comment:

Chad French said...

I hear you bro. Bring on a playoff system. I though it would only be a matter of time before it happened but I heard two young guys from the ABC sports crew say that this current system “is going no where”. I was floored! I had it in my mind that the old timers of college football would phase out a new group…more pro-playoff…would take over. I guess it won’t be that simple.