12.04.2007

Never Again...


I don't ever want to hear anyone EVER complain about the refs in the Indy/Pats game. Last night it was simply incredible. The Ravens won the game three times. Luckily, the Pats had the zebras there to bail them out. They called an illegal timeout. They called an offensive penalty on a failed fourth down. And they can apparently see ghosts. That's the only explanation as to who could've held Ben Watson, because Jamaine Winborne sure didn't.

I hate the patriots. I not sure I ever thought I'd say this but, "GO STEELERS!"

3 comments:

matt said...

Just to be fair:
Peter King

and

A Writer for the Baltimore Sun

disagree with you.

Also, if justice is your main point, where is your mention of Derek Mason tackling a New England defender on the last play. And let's be honest, you were silent regarding the horrible job the refs did in the Colts/Pats game.

Some perspective

The Anonymous Human said...

Well, Bill Simmons agrees that the call on Winborne was questionable and Len Pasquarelli feels it was just on the wrong man completely.

I'm just sayin.

Look, I don't think the refs 'gave' the game to the pats. But I certainly think the Ravens outplayed them and that last call could've went either way. I agree with the baltimore sun guy to a point. But, I did enjoy Billik's fake kisses. I thought it showed that they weren't going to be intimidated just because they were the Patriots, or Cobra Kai Yankees, or whatever you call them.

Plus, though they are leaving it up to the head coaches to control, TECHNICALLY only the head coach can call time out. And he didn't. That should've been Ravens ball. If you are going to be technical with the hand on the guy past eight yards, you have to be technical with the time outs.

bill said...

well...I agree with you, jake. does it matter what anyone else thinks.