10.06.2007

I'm Sick and Tired of It...


I'm done with sports. It's over for me.

You can't watch the NBA because you never know who is throwing the game. You used to think that was a danger only from players owing their bookie too much money. But now, every time I disagree with the ref, it'll cross your mind.

You can't watch baseball. There are so many roided out freaks in that league, the only natural thing left is David Well's man-boobs.

You can't watch the NFL. People recording other people signals. I just hate the Patriots.

And yesterday, the olympics were ruined for me when Marion Jones admitted to using steriods. She gave the same BS about not knowing they were steriods. Come on. You are training to be the best woman ever in track in field (5 gold medals at one olympics) and you aren't going to monitor what you put in your body like a fat kid behind the glass at a pizza place? What was that conversation like?

Trainer: Here, rub this on your muscles.

Jones: What is it? It's not steroids is it?

Trainer: Nope, it's magic lotion.

Jones: Really? I'll give my husband some too!

And her press conference was just awful. You could totally tell she was faking it the entire time. Seriously, I'm not watching one more athlete lead me down an exciting road only to find he was faking it the whole time.

From now on, it's only me and Jesus.

Jesus Manning that is.

3 comments:

Betsy said...

i am totally with you. you'll have to ask bill to give you the play by play of my reaction after i saw this on tv the other day. among many other things, it involved me swearing off professional sports forever. If i ever found out that peyton manning did this i don't even know what i would do.

bill said...

very well said.

...and for the record, the play by play of betsy's reaction also involved her flipping off the tv with both hands.

...also for the record, if you look at pictures of him in his prime and pictures of him now, i think it is quite obvious david wells has had work done on his boobies.

Anonymous said...

Manning is not Jesus' last name, just like God's last name is not dammit. I do get your Messianic metaphor, however.