11.03.2006

Where, Oh Where, Have My Little Keys Gone...

I lost my keys yesterday.

I have no idea where they could be.

It was nearing quitting time yesterday. I stood up, started towards my car, reached in my pockets...and nothing. I thought, "Oh, I probably just left them in my jeep." I get to the jeep...and nothing. Then I thought, "Maybe I left them on my desk." I go back inside my office...and nothing. I searched high and low. I retraced the retracing of my steps. I went into every room I was in yesterday and tore it apart...and nothing.

Nothing.

I am so frustrated I can't even begin to put into words.

I called my wife and after a bit of, "I have no idea how I can be this stupid either..." conversation, she comes and drops off her key to my jeep. I started home and began going over and over and over again where I could've possible set them down, where they might've fallen out, anything that might give me a clue as to where to look when I got in office the next day. I just kept going over and over and over and the frustration continued to build. It was making sick to my stomach. I was longing to have this uneasiness alleviated.

And then I thought of the lamb.

I've lost stuff before, sunglasses, couple bucks here and there, more sunglasses, but I usually gave up on the search after a couple of minutes. But these keys are invaluable to me. Even this morning, before writing, I searched for an hour. And I'll continue to when I finish writing.

Thank God he hasn't stopped searching for me.

No comments: