3.06.2008

Reclaiming The Title...

I'm not sure I remember my dreams anymore.

At the beginning of every school year my mom would put our school picture into a little book. Next to the pic she would fill out important info like height, weight, and who my friends were. The last line of information asked what I anted to be when I grew up. I never really took that question to seriously. Even as I got older, and my friends began deciding what they were going to pursue in life, I still had a hard time saying with any certain confidence what I wanted to be. I probably stuck with my patented answer of doctor because it gave me the greatest chance of seeing a naked girl.

I wish my mom still kept that book. I wish there were pages for important milestones like 25, 30 and 40th birthdays. How would I answer the question then? How do I answer it now?

As I sit in my office on an unusually busy day, contemplating what the next few years will bring, I realize it won't be that long until the girl with the green eyes will be rubber cementing our childs picture into a little book. Recording important information like favorite food and best friend's names.

I wonder how they'll answer the question.

No comments: