8.03.2007

What do you know? Mom WAS right...

When I was a wee little lad, I wanted a bee bee gun. Of course, my mom pulled the christmas story line of "You'll shoot your eye out." Well, I got one anyway. Then, I really wanted a skateboard. My mom tried the "You'll end up falling from 50 feet in the air in a big competition" line and got me rollerblades instead. Well, rollerbladeing led to street hockey games which have continued to this day. I wonder what happened to all the kids that got skateboards instead...

1 comment:

bill said...

three points i feel compelled to make:

1) i like that one of the commentators said, 'i can't believe he just made a 720', seconds after the fall, as the guy laid lifeless on the ground. at that point in time everyone there was thinking that this guy was either dead or seriously injured. except that one commentator...he was thinking 'i can't believe he just made a 720'.

2) of course he's australian.

3) you don't suppose he just kicked his shoes off in a fit of joy, do you?