7.25.2007

A Whole New World...

Have you ever been excited about something but had a feeling in the back of your mind that it probably wasn't going to work out? For instance, a conversation with Bill Wolf about six months ago got me so excited about taking a trip to Europe. We went to a travel agent, saved up a couple grand, I even called my old French teacher (who has been to Paris several times) to get suggestions on travel and specific places to visit. But in the back of my mind, I always knew something would come up and we wouldn't be able to go.

About 8 months ago, I started the process of getting my real estate license. I signed up for school. I went to school every night for a month. Studied my butt off. Passed the tests. Then it was time to get a job. I called the sales manager of my company and told him I wanted to work for him. It took about four months of calling and interviews and paperwork, but finally, about a month ago, they offered me the job. Even still, after all this, I still thought something would come up.

Yesterday, my license came in the mail. It's official. I am licensed in the state of Nevada to sell real estate.

That reminds me of a verse. Proverbs 16:9:

"In his heart a man plans his course,
but the LORD determines his steps."

I take comfort in the fact that God is in control. That we can think we have everything figured out, but our only real decision is if we are going to be faithful to his plans or not. I've layed out my plans right now. I'm pretty sure if God will just listen to me, that I have it all figured out. But, of course, we know that isn't true. So, I wait on God, and follow where he leads.

As long as it makes me rich.

Just kidding.

1 comment:

michaelCODY said...

I just commented on a similar post about this very thing... the waiting is the hardest part. In our minds, we ARE ready. Time and place needs to catch up with US. In the reality, however, it's all about when God is ready and this is something I always forget!