6.30.2006

Had a Bad Day Again...

I'm sad today.

Yesterday I went to an orientation for college. Sitting in a college classroom listening to degree requirements and class possibilities kind of got me excited. I started thinking about all the different experiences I could have. Pottery, History of Rock and Roll, Theater, History of the American Presidency. The excitement within me grew and grew like an unborn child.

Then came reality.

That life will never be mine. I had forgotten that I am not a college student. I am a professional home builder who is trying to squeeze a degree into this life I've been given.

I depressed myself for a little while thinking of the life I could've had. The life I missed out on. There are so many experiences I will never have. So many opportunities that will never be mine.

But then I remembered the girl with the green eyes. I remembered how peaceful she looks when she sleeps. I remembered how beautiful her hair is in the wind. I remembered how endearing her voice is on the phone.

The college life will never be mine.

But the girl with the green eyes is, and that's all the memories I need.

3 comments:

bill said...

so first off, have you told candice about his green-eyed girl?? i think that a blog is a bad way to find that kind of thing out. secondly, who is she?? is she hot??

finally, if candice is indeed this green-eyed girl...that voice on the phone isn't so endearing when she first gets up. scratchy, incoherent, low like dude's. but endearing? i don't know.

ha ha. just kidding. get off my back candice.

Anonymous said...

you want me to read this crap?

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested