4.26.2006

There's no place like...

Last Friday, my wife and I attended a wedding. Well, I should say I attended, my wife was in it. Let me tell you something. A wedding is boring enough when you have your best friend next to you to crack jokes with. It's REALLY boring by yourself. But, in all fairness, after the wedding was over, the post wedding extravaganza was incredible. Lots of food, beer, and dancing. Two of my favorite things (I'll let you decide which one doesn't belong...). Anywho, as boring as weddings are, there is always one part that I enjoy. It was the most anticipated part for me at my wedding, so I'm always interested at other's weddings. It's the part when the bride comes around the corner for the very first time and the groom is seeing his bride in all her glory. What an amazing momment. I had seen my wife a million times before our wedding day, but I had never seen her more beautiful. What a perfect momment. In that momment, nothing else matters. You may have argued in the days leading up to the big one about flowers or DJs or mother-in-laws. You may have fought over the honeymoon destination or the mother-in-law (are you noticing a theme here?). But in that momment, all is right. You don't think of those things. All you can think of (besides the other thing) is how right everything is. I think there is a reason for that. I think there is a reason that you finally feel like you are becoming one. I think it's because you are home. You see, when you are dating, there comes a point on every date where you must go home. After the movie and dinner and making out, no matter how late you stay up or stay out, there comes a time when you go back to where you live and she goes back to where she lives. I think this is why God made man a companion, because it's not good to go home alone. But more than that, it reminds me that we still aren't home. That some day, there will be a time when we are presented in a white dress to our bridegroom. That one day we will be shining in Glory. And on that day, we will be home.

2 comments:

bill said...

dude...judging by those wedding pics you attatched, laura has really let herself go.

nick looks good though.

Anonymous said...

I stand in awe. Where did this come from and can I get more. If you wrote a book, I'd buy it.

Okay maybe not buy it cause you'd have to give me a copy.

And sign it.