6.17.2008

Ah, Vacation...


What a week. We left Las Vegas on Friday and arrived in Lake Tahoe, CA. Well, we landed in Reno, NV, but drove to the cali side of the lake. What a beautiful place. And considering the highs in Las Vegas were roughly 4,000 degrees while we were gone, it was a good break before the heat set in.

I got to play golf twice. I read Eric Clapton's biography (not as interesting as you would think. The guy was a real jerk before he turned 55). I freaked out as there was NO internet access in sight. I was hoping to not completely abandon work while I was up there, but apart from one morning in a coffee shop, I was without.

But, that gave me a chance to relax and watch an INCREDIBLE U.S. Open championship. I remember when Dad used to watch golf on Sundays after church. I used to think it was the most boring thing that could ever be broadcast on television. When we would steal the remote from my father's hand after he had fallen asleep (even HE couldn't stay awake through it), he would inevitably wake up and say, "Turn it back. I was watching that."

Anywho, Tiger Woods won an amazing tournament after 91 holes. 91 FREAKIN HOLES!!!! Although, after it was over, I was really sad for Rocco. Prolly the last time that guy will ever do something that significant. I was really impressed with his attitude and grace.

Anywho, we are back and tomorrow starts the grind again. It's good to be home with the puppies and to sleep in your own bed, though. Something about your own tv with your own remote and your own thermostat that just feels good.

I'll try to post more often Mom. I know you miss my updates!

No comments: