5.17.2008

BIG BROWN!!!!


I don't know what it is about horse racing but I LOVE IT! I love how beautiful those enormous animals look as they stretch for another stride. The power in their legs. They way they almost float above the track as they race at full speed. Absolutely stunning.

It always seems at this time of year I get to watch the three races which make up the triple crown, the greatest acheivement in thoroughbread racing. For three years in a row, we had a horse win the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes but lose the Belmont Stakes (War Emblem in 2002, Funny Cide in 2003, and Smarty Jones in 2004).

To see Big Brown do what he just did to the rest of the field got me excited. It was like his jockey was driving a car and just decided to throw it into high gear and run away from the pack. Amazing.

One more race to go!!!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Jake said...

I didn't know you liked horse racing?! Jake and I go up to Keenland (sp?) every once in a while. That was a good race on Sunday! Do you think he will be the next triple crown?